Wednesday, April 14, 2010

destination: unknown.

So.
This is my first post in about two weeks.  I haven't been posting not because nothing has been going on spiritually my life, but possibly because quite the opposite has been happening.

Recently, God has decided to take me on a roller coaster ride. The question that has most been consuming my thoughts has been: What am I going to do this summer?

I've talked a lot recently about being restless here in Harrisonburg and at school.  My obvious solution to this problem is to leave Harrisonburg for a while.  Now the problem is, where do I go.  And honestly, for how long?

Then, all of a sudden, an opportunity out of town and out of state dropped into my lap and I thought, "This is it!"

 While I felt like this opportunity could be the one God had in mind for me I was still unsure.  There were so many outside factors that still made me uneasy about it coming together.  At this point, I was impatient for God to tell me where I was suppose to go, if it was this opportunity out of town or something.  I started getting anxious and praying, desperate to hear God clarifying the situation.

And while I was hearing from him, and those who are praying for me were hearing him, they kept telling me that this up-in-the-air, uncertain situation is right where God wants me to be.  He wants me to figure it out, to keep praying, to ABIDE in him.

"Abide in me, and I will abide in you...Those who abide in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit.  For apart from me you can do nothing." -John 15:4a, 5b

Everyday, I have had to fight the doubt the enemy has been putting my heart.  Everyday I have had to fight doubting God's plan for me and my summer.  Everyday I have to remind myself of God's perfect propose for me.

This time now is about trusting and be patient.  God is calling me to not immediately look to the destination but to enjoy the journey.  The process is just as amazing and beautiful has wherever I'm going to end up.  I am called to be content in this place of waiting, to enjoy Christ's presence in at, and continue to have and open and willing heart to where he is calling me.  He will reveal his plan in due time and I'm learning to be at peace with that.
 

[Images: http://crazycaps.deviantart.com/art/roller-coaster-78996648,
http://absinthfenix.deviantart.com/art/the-Virtue-of-Patience-152149461]

2 comments:

Adalia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Don't give up hope, God doesn't always answer right away!

love you soo much and I'm praying for you a lot.

If you want we can get together and have a pray session!!??