Tuesday, June 29, 2010

song(s) of the day #18: barlowgirl's love and war.

It's nice to be back on my blog again!
I was looking at my blog archives and realized how I've been slacking a lot this year.  I'd really like to refocus and come back full force this summer, so I'll definitely be needing your encouragement.

But I wanted to take some time and write about a song(s) of the day that I've been listening intently to recently.  A while ago, one of my best friends gave me BarlowGirl's album, Love and War.  I was really excited about a couple of the songs on the album that were current radio hits but I didn't venture too much into the rest of the CD.  For some reason this past week, I have been listening to this CD incessantly.  [And I just decided that I'm going to make this particular blog a two or three part-er so bear with me.]  The first song on the album that really caught my attention was their song "Open Heavens". 

[http://browse.deviantart.com/photography/?q=hands%20raised&order=9&offset=72#/d2c64n3]


 Here are the lyrics:

Open Heavens- BarlowGirl


A cry rises from the ground
As all the earth begins to shake
Can you feel the spirit move you?
Calling all hearts to wake

Life is rising from these graves

A voice breaks the silence
And warms the dying heart
Oh, this is just the start

'Cause we will open heavens

And we will start the flame now
All the earth will shake now
As we scream Your name

Our eyes, have been open wide

Passion filling every place
And now's the time
So let it move you
Cause something is about to break

We are falling on our face

Searching for movement
Give us fire in these days
Oh Spirit, lead the way

Hallelujah

Singing Hallelujah
Well cry out from our hearts now


This song pumps me up so much.  It gives me chills. 

One thing that I've been hearing a lot of since the summer began, is seeing this generation as a revival generation.  A generation that is going to stand up and proclaim Christ's name and bring people to Christ.  This is actually something that has been laid on my heart for the past couple of months, and so this song also reminds me a lot of the song "Hosanna" by Hillsong United.

Here's the lyrics I'm talking about:

I see a generation
Rising up to take their place
With selfless faith
With selfless faith


I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees
We're on our knees

Every time I sing this song, I want to cry.  This is my desire for my generation.  That we will unashamedly proclaim Christ and his sacrifice.

As it says in Act 2:17,
"'In the last days,' God says, 'I will pour out my Spirit upon all people.  Your sons and daughters will prophesy.  Your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams.  In those days I will pour out my Spirit even on my servants-- men and women alike-- and they will prophesy.  And I will cause wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below...'"

THIS IS NOW.  We are leaving in the end times.  CRAZY.  God has poured out his Spirit on us.  We are prophesying and seeing visions.  

We should be in constant preparation for Christ's return.  We should be working diligently to further the Kingdom and be examples of Christ's sacrificial love for others.  I can't wait to stand with others when Christ returns and see his justice brought to earth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know how much I love this song! AND THIS POST!! woooot :) Also I want to be emailed (from your blog) when you update!! But it won't let me :(:( ALSO I CALLED YOU!