Tuesday, June 29, 2010

song(s) of the day #19: barlowgirl's love and war.

Okay, so here's part deux of BarlowGirl's Love and War album.

The second song that I've been listening to like crazy is "Sing Me a Love Song".

Yesterday was actually a really rough day for me.  Some things were happening at home and all I wanted was to be there.  For the most part, I was inconsolable.  During debrief and worship last night, I had a pounding headache and Marcus encouraged me to go lay down at the house.  I finally went, and the first thing I did was put this song on.  Check out the lyrics:

Sing Me a Love Song- BarlowGirl 
The tension is thick in the air
Making it hard to see
I fear what is to come
And what will become of me
I say a prayer help me not run away
Will you please hold me

And sing me a love song again

Say the words that heal my heart
sing me a love song and then
Let your words remind me who I am

You've never failed me before

Why do I feel betrayed
If I close my heart to you now
The darkness would have its way
I crave your voice help me not fall away
Will you please hold me

'Cause you are all I need

And all that I want is you with me
You are all I need
And all that I want is you with me


[Image: http://browse.deviantart.com/photography/?q=brokenhearted&order=9&offset=96#/d14cy63] 


The chorus is what gets me every time.  
Yesterday, I just laid in bed and sang that.
"Will you please hold me and sing a love song again?  Say the words that heal my heart."

I don't know about anyone else, I feel like that perfectly sums up my prayers to the Lord when I'm upset.  I'm looking for my Comfort, to be safe in his arms and have him sing over me.

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." -Zephaniah 3:17

I love the image of Christ quieting us with his love and singing over us.  It's like a lullaby.  Like a Father sings over his child.

For those who know me, you know how big singing is to me and it makes me think of the times my mom would sing songs to me, how I would be captivated by her voice and comforted in having her near.  This image is the same but on a much greater scale with our Creator and Father.  He wants us to hear his voice, to be captivated by him, to feel safe and taken care of.

The Lord wants to be our great Comforter.  He wants us to RUN to him when we're sad.  He wants to cry with us and he wants to wipe those tears and then he wants to sing songs of joy and delight over us.  How wonderful?  We all have our own personal serenader.  It's funny because it makes me think of a much of giggly girls sitting around a gangly guy, strumming his knock-off guitar and singing with more breath than actual sound.  If they only knew that their amazing Savior wanted to sing them the sweetest, most perfect songs!

He just wants us to be with him and he just wants us to want him!  I have such a beautiful Savior.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Sara, beautiful words today. Sending you a big hug from H'burg. We love you!