Monday, January 25, 2010

discouraged.

Lately I've been struggling with being easily discouraged.  This morning, while I should be writing a research paper that's due in a couple hours, I found my distracted and antsy.  My heart and mind are on other things and it's keeping me from getting through my day.

I almost left my Bible at home this morning but managed to stuff it into my backpack before I walked out the door.  I was thinking, "I'm not really going to have time to sit down and read my Bible today while I'm at school, so there's no point in bringing it."  How wrong I was.  God was tugging at my heart and telling me to draw near to him this morning.  He knew I was going to be struggling with the amount of work I have today and the exhaustion I left when I woke up this morning.


http://gwarf.deviantart.com/art/Storm-76364795

 
I flipped opened today to Psalm 42 and this is the part that God really laid on my heart.

Why am I discouraged?  Why is my heart so sad?  I will put my hope in God!  I will praise him again-- my Savior and my God!  Now I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember you...I hear the tumult of the raging seas as your waves and surging tides sweep over me.  But each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life.  -Psalm 42:5-8

Life is never easy.  I forget so easily that God is going to protect me through the storm.  It may hurt and it may be hard, but with God standing beside, holding me, I will weather the storm.  And through him, I will be stronger because of it.

2 comments:

The Bromheads said...

Just checked out your blog-LOVE LOVE LOVE it! You are so good with words. Psalm 42 is one of my favorite passages-it got us through our miscarriage last year and I think it's underlined in my Bible like a million times. Praying that today would be a spirit-filled day and that you would understand God's immense love for you! So blessed to have you in our lives, Sara!

Megan Sarian said...

I'm really liking the fact that my cool friends have blogs. I got tingles all over my body when I read this entry. It's undeniable that God led you to that passage, and it speaks volumes about his love for you. And seeing that he loves you like that encourages me too. It reminds me that he is always present in my life and seeking me out. Thank you, Sara!!! I love you!