Tuesday, January 19, 2010

song of the day #5: made to love.

Today, I had a straight up DANCE PARTY WITH JESUS.
That's right.

As I was driving in my car to go eat Hawaiian pizza with my Pop, I thinking about what I could blog on today.  Just as I was thinking I had no material the song, Made to Love by Toby Mac came on the radio.  I've heard the song a ton but it wasn't until today that I really truly loved it.  I really began listening to the lyrics and the chorus hit me like a ton of bricks.  I was smiling and dancing in my car.  It was phenomenal.  So obviously when I got home to my apartment, I proceeded to listen to the song about three more times, each time my dance moves becoming more ridiculous and extreme.


http://himbeerkuss.deviantart.com/art/wild-hearts-125366269

It's funny because I had never really thought about dancing with Jesus until recently when one of my best friends told me about her dance with Jesus to the song Divine Romance by Phil Wickham.  Seriously, I don't think I've ever had a better dance partner.  It didn't matter what I looked like while dancing, it just mattered that my body was moving with pure joy for my Savior.  Every motion and movement was His.  My body was created for him and that's exactly what this song talks about.  I was made for Christ.  And I'm overwhelmed with how amazing that feels.

The past couple of days, I been kinda of mad with Christ.  He's been doing some things in my life that I don't really like [not like I really have anything to do with it.]  Nevertheless, all of the hurt and anger and pain melts away when I just stop and worship him.  Honestly, it doesn't matter.  God has a plan that is far greater than I can imagine and I was just made to dance in his presence.  I feel like that's a pretty awesome existence.

Check out Made to Love and some of my favorite lyrics.

Made to Love- Toby Mac

Whatever happened to a passion I could live for
What became of the flame that made me feel more
And when did I forget that...

I was made to love you
I was made to find you
I was made just for you
Made to adore you
I was made to love
And be loved by you
You were here before me
You were waiting on me
And you said you'd keep me
Never would you leave me I was made to love
and be loved by you
 

Anything I would give up for you
Everything, I'd give it all away 

No comments: