Sunday, March 14, 2010

song of the day #14: whatever you're doing.

So continuing on the theme of lessons learned during the Nashville trip, I think one of my friends said it best when they said just when they feel like they are beginning to know God and understand him, he does something so incredible and crazy and complex that it feels like you don't know him at all.  I feel like that's what this whole week was.  Just when I felt like I was getting some sort of a handle on God, he blows my mind.

As I was talking with my roommate tonight, she reminded me of this verse:

Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. -Philippians 4:7a

Man, if just God's peace exceeds anything we can understand, then think about how far over our heads the whole of God goes!

Regardless, God opened new doors for me this week.  He showed me new ways to communicate with him and to new ways to grow and new things to look forward to in our relationship.  Christ is stirring in me things I didn't even know were possible for me to desire.  Christ has begun a great work in me and he is continuing it!

 http://p0rg.deviantart.com/art/Breathe-132940552


The song for today is one that I've loved for a long time but it wasn't until I heard it this week while we were working at the Nashville Rescue Mission that it really hit home for me.  Check it out.

Whatever You're Doing- Sanctus Real

It's time for healing time to move on
It's time to fix what's been broken too long
Time make right what has been wrong
It's time to find my way to where I belong
There's a wave that's crashing over me
All I can do is surrender

Whatever you're doing inside of me

It feels like chaos somehow there's peace
It's hard to surrender to what I can't see
but I'm giving in to something heavenly

Time for a milestone

Time to begin again

Re-valuate who I really am
Am I doing everything to follow your will
or just climbing aimlessly over these hills
So show me what it is you want from me
I give everything I surrender...
To... 


Time to face up
Clean this old house
Time to breathe in and let everything out
That I've wanted to say for so many years
Time to to release all my held back tears

Whatever you're doing inside of me

It feels like chaos but now I can see
This something bigger than me
Larger than life something heavenly
Something heavenly

It's time to face up

Clean this old house
Time breathe in and let everything out


The fact is what Christ is doing in me is something so much bigger than me.  Something we talked about this past week was how we are building the Kingdom of God.  We ARE the Kingdom.  Where ever we step we are planting seeds for the Kingdom.  My point is that as God is continuing this great work, one that feels a little crazy and chaotic, I have peace knowing that it's not all about me.  He is building me to be a strong woman warrior in Him.  He is calling me to follow his will and I have to the choice to obey or wonder aimlessly.  And to be perfectly honest, I have never been more ready to follow God in whatever he wants me to do.  And I mean WHATEVER.  I am surrendering it all to him, listening for his voice, and obeying his clear call.

The restlessness has returned.  This week was a taste of what my heart desires, of the closeness of an amazing community of believers and a closeness with Christ that was supernatural and beautiful.  I'm already missing Nashville and our group.  Being back in Harrisonburg is so surreal.  I can't even really explain it.

Lord, please still my heart.  Calm my restlessness.  Help me continue to plant the seeds of your Kingdom right here where I am.

1 comment:

Jeff Goins said...

This is great stuff. Yup, you ARE the Kingdom. Sons and daughters of the Living God. You have what it takes. Now, go be who you are...