Monday, March 22, 2010

song(s) of the day #15: let the waters rise & word of God speak.

Lately, I haven't been able to shake the feeling of being on the brink of something great.
This is no joke.
God is preparing me for something amazing and I can feel it.
But I've been feeling antsy.
Anxious, overwhelmed, burden.

I've been learning about spiritual gifts recently, and I've been trying to get a feel for mine.  Yet, in the process of honing my gifts, I often get overwhelmed by them and I'm not always exactly sure what to do with them.  Tonight, I spent some time talking with my one best friends.  As we walked around downtown Harrisonburg, I could tell Christ was encouraging me through her.  Her words rang true in my heart and she reassured me that she could see me on the brink of this vast canyon that I've mentioned in previous posts.

She challenged me to spend time with Christ, really accepting the call he has put on my life.  Accepting his plan fully, no qualms, no going back, only pressing ahead, focused on Christ.

The most amazing part of it all, is I am ready

[Image: http://mr-darkstar.deviantart.com/art/paused-on-the-brink-17314563]

After we had finished our talk, I got in my car to drive home and the song, Let the Waters Rise by Mike's Chair was on the radio.  Here are some of the lyrics that really hit home:

Sometimes it's so hard to pray
When You feel so far away
but I am willing to go where You want me to
God I trust You


There's a raging sea
Right in front of me
Wants to pull me in
Bring me to my knees
So let the waters rise
If You want them to
I will follow You

I will swim in the deep
Cause you’ll be next to me
You’re in the eye of the storm and the calm of the sea
Your never out of reach

God You know where I’ve been
And You were there with me then
You were faithful before You’ll be faithful again
I’m holding Your hand

God Your love is enough
You will pull me through
I’m holding onto You

God Your love is enough
I will follow You

For me, this "canyon" could also be a storm.  I have no idea what God has in store for me but I know if I keep seeking him, pursuing him, trusting him, he going to take care of it.  I think about my future and I just feel this immense space in front of me.  There is no direction just possibility.  And I'm not scared.  

The problem I've been having though is I've been asking for clarity in multiple situations in my life.  And for some reason I feel like I'm getting nothing.  Not that God isn't providing, it's just a little quiet.  So after Let the Waters Rise had finished, another song came on that spoke directly to my heart.  Check it out.


I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is, it's okay
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say

Word of God speak
Would you pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see Your majesty
To be still and know
That you're in this place
Please let me stay at rest in your holiness
Word of God speak
I'm finding myself
In the midst of you
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with you 
And in the quiet, hear your voice

There is it!  That is the reminder I've been searching for.  Just be quiet and listen.

"Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10 

The fact is, is that I don't need the whole picture.  God has it.  I'm just supposed to listen for his voice and allow him to guide me.

  • I am ready to hone my spiritual gifts.
  • I am ready to accept God's calling on my life.
  • I want to hear his voice clearly.
  • I want to pursue Him with my whole being.
  • I want to be quiet before Him. 
  • I want to sacrifice anything for Him.
  • I am ready to GO.

For His sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him...I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead! -Philippians 3:8b, 10-11

God is calling.  How far will I go?

2 comments:

Ms_Meaghan Mac said...

Girl, it sounds like you and I are going through a very similar journey! You're at a point in your life where you want to know what is up next and sometimes He just doesn't want to tell you yet because it's not something that you need to know right now, and it's frustrating. I've been waiting on Him this last year to show me what to do next, where to go, and He's been teaching me more through that time that I could have ever imagined!

So Psalm 46:10 says it all! If you haven't heard these songs yet, you should check them out because they have been ministering to me all year. "Be Still" by Kari Jobe and "Be Still and Know" by Christy Nockels!

Keep persevering, He'll show you everything at the perfect time!

Jeff Goins said...

I've been hearing this as well - that something big in the kingdom is coming, a major breakthru. Remember that as you freely receive, you must freely give.

But for the record, in case you're doubting it, you're legitimately awesome.