Tuesday, July 22, 2008

skittles.

Tonight I had Skittles.  And Skittles pretty much make me think of two people.
Lizzie and Ben.
And mostly one event in particular.

I don't know when exactly it was, but I discovered that both Lizzie and I love Skittles.  So one night before Josh, Ben, Lizzie and I went to a concert I bought a bag of them at Market One/Fun. [Mostly Fun though.]  Anyways, we basically sat through the concert eating the Skittles.

Also, I don't like orange Skittles.  So Ben has always eaten the orange ones.  Along with trying to steal any other color he can get.

So tonight when I was eating the Skittles, I had to give them to Kendall because he didn't mind eating them and I couldn't leave them just chilling in the bag.  But it make me think about how much I miss Lizzie and Ben, and how I want my best friends by my side and how I want Lizzie to be sitting beside me, giggling about the concert and how I want Ben to be stealing my Skittles.  I want things to just fall back into place, to be comfortable again so I don't feel like I'm stepping on egg shells anymore.  I hate the awkwardness, and this crap that hangs around in the air.  I'm tired of hiding from this.

I feel like I've come a long way in four weeks.  And running from the situation is not going to make it better.

I want Lizzie to come back to JMU and I want to have Ben in my life again.
Oh Skittles.

No comments: