Friday, November 27, 2009

Photo of the Day #5- [high school small group.]

Today there is only one picture.  I took it last spring I believe and I love it.  This is most of my small group from high school.




Let me tell you a little about these girls.

Let's start on the left with Ellie.  I've known Ellie since elementary school.  We're the same age but didn't go to the same elementary school, but my mom taught her and I spent a lot of after school time there.  I don't really have too many memories until sixth grade though when we were in the same middle school and same class.  From there our friendship blossomed.  That year, Ellie's family switched churches and started attending mine.  Ellie has been a huge source of support in my life.  Two summers ago, I don't think I would of survived without her.  She is absolutely goofy and funny, and peppy.  I love it.

In the middle is Molly.  I met Molly through some mutual friends and through our high school small group.  She's a little calmer and subdued than the other two in the picture which really makes the dynamic of the group different.  She's very sarcastic and has a very dry sense of humor.  I would say she is more realistic and practical than the rest of us in the group.  She's an amazing bassoonist, and is getting married this next summer.  Which is weird.  But awesome.

On the right is Rachel.  Rachel and I have known each other for most of our lives.  We grew up in the same church which kept us around we other often.  It wasn't until very recently though, that my relationship with Rachel really took off.  This year, Rachel transferred to JMU and so we've had much more time to spend with each other.  Rachel kind of blows my mind.  She has an absolutely amazing faith, and is amazingly compassionate.  She is so funny because she can be crazy and goofy but can also be amazingly down to earth, with insight well beyond her years.  She has really helped me grow in my faith and walk in Christ.

Basically, you should know these girls because they are phenomenal.

No comments: