Saturday, December 19, 2009

i'm found in you.


So today, well actually starting last night, it has been snowing.  Many of you know that and are currently experiencing it so it's definitely not news but I'm currently snowed in at my mom's and just found out church services tomorrow are canceled.  I'm quite bummed because we were going to be doing a new song at our contemporary worship service that I was going to sing and I absolutely love it.  I think I first heard this song on the radio but after hearing it at the an acapella concert recently, I decided we needed to integrate it into worship at our church.  This song is one of those that reaches way down in and grabs my soul.  God is so clearly speaking to me in this song and it makes me emotional and grateful and full of strength all at the same time.  Here are the lyrics: 

Shadowfeet- Brooke Fraser

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet
toward home, a land that I've never seen
I am changing, less and less asleep
made of different stuff than when I began
and I have sensed it all along
fast approaching is the day


This first verse grabs me immediately.  I love thinking about how I'm on this journey, not an easy one mind you, but I'm growing and I'm changing, the old stuff is replaced by new, improved stuff. 

When the world has fallen out from under me
I'll be found in you, still standing
when the sky rolls up and mountains fall on their knees
when time and space are through
I'll be found in you


I'll be found in you.  That is becoming my more and more fervent prayer, that I will be found in God.  I am nothing without Him.   I honestly feel like this chorus pretty much speaks for itself.

Theres distraction buzzing in my head
saying in the shadows it's easier to stay
but I've heard rumours of true reality
whispers of a well-lit way


Distractions.  This is such a loaded and heavy subject.  Anything and everything can be a distraction for our path with Christ.  And I have experienced this verse first-hand.  Our path as Christians and as disciples of Christ is not easy and it so tempting to want to give into those distractions and trick us into thinking that path is easier.
  
You make all things new
You make all things new
You make all things new
You make all things
You make all things 


This one line is repeated five times.  It is obviously important.  You make all things new.  That promise is a wonderful one and makes me smile just thinking about it.  Christ takes all our crap and makes us new creations.  He wipes our slate clean every time and makes us new.  How reassuring is His grace?!

When the world has fallen out from under me
I'll be found in you, still standing
Every fear and accusation under my feet
when time and space are through
I'll be found in you
when time and space are through
I'll be found in you
when time and space are through
I'll be found in you


Again, I love this chorus.  I'm found in Christ, all my fears and accusations under my feet, and I'm walking the well-lit path toward Christ.  I find that amazing and wonderful.

How great is our God. 

No comments: