Monday, December 14, 2009

turner ashby music is legit.

So yesterday I attended the Winter Concert at Turner Ashby High School.  I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed.  Ms. Pyles is new to the school since I was there and she has done an excellent job!  Her ensembles are all of good size and she has even added some!  When I was at TA, the only choirs we had were Concert Choir, Knightingales, and Singers.  Ms. Pyles has added another mixed ensemble called Mixed Chorale to the mix and has added a guy's ensemble called the KnightHawks [how legit of a name is that!?] Here are a couple links to videos to show you how AWESOME they were.





Anyways, I mostly attended the concert because my brother was in it.  He's a senior this year.  That BLOWS MY MIND.  How is it possible that my baby brother is getting ready to apply for COLLEGE?!  As soon as the KnightHawks started to sing, I could hear his voice.  It's really heart-warming for me, especially since I was always bugging him to do music and especially for the longest time, to see him as a such a strong presence in the choir and giving so much of himself to it.  I'm always so amazed by how much my brother has grown and how much we really is coming into the individual he was created to be.  My brother is awesome.


No comments: