Saturday, December 12, 2009

Photo of the Day #13- [postsecret #3]

Food for thought...



This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately.  And for reasons unknown, and some known, I feel like God's calling me to bigger and better things with my life than I had previously anticipated.  While I'm not sure what they are, I'm certain of it because I'm not afraid.  For the longest time I thought God was going to call me to do something completely out of my comfort zone and I was so scared.  But now, I crave it.  I want it.  I want something more than the pathetic future I've always envisioned for myself.  And who better than God, the amazing Author and Creator, to entrust my future to? 

I want to radically change.  And I want my life to help radically change others. 

The answer to the question of how far will you go is, I want to go all the way.  I want to live full out, recklessly and hopelessly lost in the life God is calling me to.

Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 
                                                                          -Romans 12:11

2 comments:

Josh. said...

It's weird, I never clicked on anything to lead me to your blog. I really don't even know how this window appeared...maybe there is some kind of direction from God in that. It could be that I was supposed to see. There's been this constant question on my mind of what's next?...and i don't know...I mean I ask God to show me and maybe I just blind to it, or he hasn't answered me yet, but either way I don't know and that's the beauty in it...isn't it? The fact that if you really believe in God, if you really think he answers your prayers...then you have to trust him...you have to trust something unseen, untouchable, but still have faith that He exists and can take you there, wherever there is. Because you were right, the answer is to go all the way, because if we don't go all the way, what's the point in going at all...

Anyway, thanks for posting this, I think maybe this post was for me to see.

Sara Willard said...

I just saw your comment Josh and I'm so glad that you read it and it really spoke to you. That's why I continue to write about what God's doing in my life. I'm hoping that what I'm going through will connect with others. Your message was really encouraging. Thank you.