Thursday, December 31, 2009

while i'm waiting.

So it's been a little while since I've written but I'm back with an amazing new song.

While visiting a good friend of mine this week, we watched the movie, Fireproof.  Just recently I also indulged in the movie Facing the Giants which is produced by the same people and loved it so I was excited to see what Fireproof was all about.  And it didn't hurt that it was starring Kirk Cameron.

Fireproof is a movie focusing on marriage and keeping Christ at the center of it.  I come from a divorced family and this movie hit me hard.  The past couple days in general have really made me think about the kind of relationship I want with my future husband and how I so desperately desire Christ to be the center of it.  I see, now more than ever, why marriages and relationships and families don't work.  Christ has to be first and everyone in those relationships have to be seeking him.

In Fireproof, a song by John Waller came up.  This song grabbed me by the heart.  It was so applicable to the movie and situation there but can carry its meaning to so many other situations in our lives.  Here are the lyrics and a link to a video on YouTube. 

While I'm Waiting- John Waller

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait


I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait


I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord


Every time I listen to this song it gives me chills.  This is my fervent prayer.  Through the pain, through the struggle, through the waiting, I will continue to run the race toward Christ, serving Him, obeying Him, loving Him.

I don't know what God is calling me to do with my life and this song seems so perfect.  I'm patiently waiting for Him to reveal that plan but it doesn't mean that my life doesn't mean anything the moment.  Everything we do should glorify God.  Every breath we take, every action we make should all be to His glory.  This is what While I'm Waiting is talking about.  It's not always going to be easy but God has a plan that we can rely on and while we wait, we give all the glory back to Him.

This is also a really hard concept for me personally.  I'm not a patient person and God dealing with some situations in my life that He is calling me to be patient about.  It's not about my timing, it's about God.  It will reveal all I need to know at just the right time.

We serve an amazing God whose plan is absolutely perfect.  What a comfort I find in that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is something that I have been working on without fail... its so difficult... but at the same time, humbling to remember that you aren't the one who's in charge of what happens overall. Patience is something that takes a long time to acquire... Im right there on the journey with you being humbled each and every day.. but the cool thing is that when you really truly believe what that song is saying, there is no greater comfort... because then you truly and honestly have nothing to worry about. Thanks for this post, its what I needed :) I love you!!